Friday, November 11, 2011

« My first step in Kiehl’s » by Catherine

Before doing this blog, I didn’t know anything about this brand. And even if Alice gave me some samples to test (that I don’t even try yet), I decided to go in a store to make my personal opinion. You may don’t know but our school is located in France and more exactly in Paris at La Defense. As I was on the web searching for a Kiehl’s store address, I saw there is one in the mall “Les 4 temps” at La Défense, just 5 minutes walk from my school. What a huge coincidence, no? Actually like any girls, I went so much time into this mall but I never noticed that such a brand exists.

Once in the store, a woman with a pharmacist white dress come to me “Hello, may I help you”. I just told her that a friend talks me about this brand and I wanted to discover it.  So she told me the story of Kiehl’s “All our product are made with natural ingredients”. She then invited me to look around and to come back if I had question or if I wanted some samples. I didn’t even have time to look everything that she came back “So, have you already seen something interesting?”, so I just said that I wanted to discover their moisturizing cream. So she suggested me to do a test on my face in order to lapse me the most adaptable product for my skin.

Here we go for a test on my face! I sat on a kind of desk (like in Sephora the beauty bar)
She put two pieces of paper (like when you go to the doctor and he puts on your forehead a paper to see if you have fever), one on my forehead and one on my cheek. She then showed me the two pieces of paper and I saw the results based on the study of engineers. More you have points on your piece of paper and more your have an oily skin.
-       Piece of my cheek = a few points, that means a normal skin
-       Piece of my forehead = much more points, that means an oily skin.

She then showed me the different products that she advises me to use like a pharmacist does, so she just put on my hand the cream and the tonic in order that I can feel it. One of the slogan of Kiehl’s is “Try it before you buy ”, so the saleswoman offers me couple of samples: tonic, moisturizing cream…. It was like in a pharmacy “put this on your face twice a week”. You can see below, two of the many samples she offered me and also a guide describing the product she gave me and how to use them.


Now, I’ll just sum up what I dislike and what I like about this first experience inside Kielhl’s :
What I dislike:
-       Salesperson that always come to you to help you when you prefer take a look before asking for help
-       In a small shop like this, often, there is nobody, so each salesperson is scrutinize your doings
-        
What I like:
-       the very shiny and flashy colors that remind me of New York
-       the vintage packaging
-       the fact that there are no useless pack, that shows a responsible company against waste of cardboard
-       the personalize test for a more adapted solution to your skin
-       their message “try it before you buy”
-       the time salesperson passes with you when you’re interested and the way he/she really advises you and answers you to your questions
-       the number of samples they offer you
-       the way they promote themselves “do you know we have a facebook page?” (Offering you a bookmark with the address of the facebook page), “do you want to be part of our database, indeed you can be informed about the special offer in time” (indeed, she tells me in November around the 26th there will be a 20% discount but I’m not sure if it’s for the entire store).

As you can all understand, this first experience was for me really appealing. I may test as soon as possible the samples in order to share it with you !!

So guys, now your turn, is your experience the same as me? Was it weird for you, because it was the very first time I’m doing something like that! But it was fun and I could find something adapted to my skin with personal advice and everything was for free, so I really enjoy it!

No comments: